Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sunday Fun

Sundays are so wonderful to all in our household. Now, starting into apple and football season has brought on a load of new enjoyment. I started off this Sunday morning with delicious home made apple muffins. They got GREAT reviews...even from a husband who doesn't care much for fruit.
I found some apples off a tree in an abandoned area and I just couldn't help myself.
I used a recipe from allrecipes.

The apples turned out to be delicious in flavor and texture. Not as tart as a granny smith but I good zing and not mushy at all.



I like to use a pastry blender for a nice even crumble for the topping.


When like to use yogurt in my pastries (muffins and pancakes and waffles) to make them moist and fluffy. I've noticed a big difference! My favorite scoop process has been an ice cream scoop:


Warm and yummy!


I didn't stop there. I did applesauce and apple butter in my crock pots:


In all this fruity fun we just cannot leave the children out. Some days I'm ready to make a mess and do some fun projects, but there are days when a low mess, high fun activity is required. Those are sometimes the best. (Children don't like all the prep and clean up time anyways).
Daddy grabbed some paper bags out of the pantry and turned our children into robots!




And here is a photo of Joy showing off her hard work to decorate the door with the marigolds from my garden:

No comments:

Post a Comment